Walmart is one of the biggest American retail corporations, and it has grown to become an international franchise.
For any business to grow this big, it needs to have an efficient and safe way of handling the transactions between itself and its users.
Walmart has satisfied customers with its premium services, and their money operations have not been left out.
Let us now get into the details of all these operations and see the timelines in which they operate;
Walmart Money Service Hours
The Walmart money services are offered from Monday to Sunday. During the weekdays and Saturdays, the Money Center is operational from 8 a.m to 8 p.m and 10 a.m to 6 p.m on Sundays.
The services offered at this time include; money transfers, cashing checks, payment of bills, tax refund checks, payroll checks, and any other Walmart-related financial services.
The services are provided by the Walmart MoneyCenter, which is an in-store and online substitute for a bank.
Walmart MoneyCenter offers Walmart users safe, affordable, and convenient access to financial services.
They are located in almost 4,800 stores spread all over the United States to serve all customers. MoneyCenter will be a good choice for any Walmart user since it offers reduced check cashing fees than banks.
The biggest problem with banking with Walmart is the cumulative fees on the card and other services.
For instance, paying $3 to cash a weekly $800 will amount to an interest of 19.5% yearly.
All Walmart stores will offer you these services even if you don’t have a designated store. This will be an option for you if you don’t have a bank account, but you should create one.
A bank account will have no monthly fees, and you will get the same services as MoneyCenter.
Walmart Money Card
Ever heard of the Walmart money card? This is a debit card that is meant to help Walmart shoppers with money management.
It is a good option for shopping at Walmart stores and any location that accepts Visa and MasterCard.
This is a good option for you to save your money since you will get cashback rewards on all purchases you make in a Walmart store. When you shop online at Walmart.com, you will get a 3% cashback reward.
You will also get a 2% reward on all Walmart fuel station purchases and 1% on any purchase in a Walmart store up to $75 annually. The money is also insured by the FDIC like any other bank account.
You can deposit money into your Money card in 3 simple ways;
- Deposit the money to Walmart using the MoneyCard app that is available for all mobile devices.
- Add money to the card at any convenient Walmart register with a single swipe.
- You can direct deposit all or some of your pay to your Walmart money card. This will allow you to get the money two days before payday by setting up the ASAP direct deposit program.
With the Walmart MoneyCard, you can also opt-in for overdraft protection of up to $200 to help you out when running out of cash.
In addition, if you deposit more than $500 each month, you will be exempted from the monthly fee of $6.
How To Fill Out A Walmart Money Order
Before you give your Walmart Money order to pay somebody, you need to fill it out correctly to ensure that you avoid fraud or losses of the money order.
The money orders are relatively easy to fill out, but you need to be extra careful, like anything else related to money.
The Walmart money orders get issued through MoneyGram, and the sheet of paper used can differ from time to time.
However, the basic principle of filling out a money order is the same despite the changes in the sheet.
There is a perforated line on one end of the money order. Before you send the money order, you have to ensure you rip the perforated line and take the receipt.
Keep the receipt safe until the payment has been confirmed by whoever you send the money order to.
If the money order gets lost or is stolen in the mail, you will need the receipt to recover your money from MoneyGram.
After ripping off the receipt, you now need to fill the money order with the correct credentials.
- Fill out the name of the company or individual you are sending the money order to in the uppermost labeled field.
- Sign the Money order on the second field. By signing, it means that you agree with the terms and conditions of Walmart, and you are authorizing the transfer from your account.
- Enter your address in the last field. This is meant to confirm your identity, and in case the money order is lost, they can contact you. You should add your mailing address to make returns easier in case the order is lost.
- When you flip the money order, you will notice a signature line on the top. Please do not sign this field since it is for whoever you send the money to. They will be required to sign before they cash the order at a bank.
You could have some additional information on the money order to make it easier for you to remember what it was for. This will come in handy if you need to recall the money order.
How To Set Up Walmart Pay In App
There is a Walmart pay option in the Walmart app that you need to know about to get the best services. You can get the Walmart app on your device’s app store and install it.
If you are unfamiliar with Walmart pay, it is similar to Samsung pay or Google pay. How it works is, you attach your credit card to the Walmart app so that when you make a purchase, you don’t have to carry your card with you.
This is a convenient option since you might forget your credit card at home or get forced to make an urgent purchase. It is a simple process, and here is the step by step instructions;
- Launch the Walmart app on your mobile device.
- There are several buttons at the bottom of the home screen, and you need to click on the button for services.
- You will see the Walmart pay option on the top left side; it looks like it has two brackets enclosing the Walmart star. Click on this icon.
- The following window will give you a basic rundown of Walmart’s pay and some of its advantages. You will see ways to earn rewards and get the receipt on your app after purchase. Click on the “Get Started” button on the lower side.
- The next window will ask for the type of payment method you intend to use. You have options for Chase pay, Walmart gift card, and Credit or Debit Card. Most people use credit cards, so that is what we shall focus on.
- Click on the option for a Credit or Debit card, and it will land you on a new screen. This screen will provide a framework in which you need to put the credit card to be scanned. You could decide to add the credentials yourself by clicking on the blue button.
- After entering all the required information in the respective fields, confirm it is all correct and click on the blue “Save” button.
- Another screen will pop up, and you need to select the credit card you would use by default. You could add another payment option so that you can shift the expenses from one card to another. Select the one you want, and then continue.
- The following window will ask you to create a PIN. This has to do with money and finances, so it has to be secured and easy to remember.
- You will need to turn on the Camera permissions for your device since Walmart pay will scan QR codes. This will be the end of the setup; you will get a new window to give guidelines on using Walmart pay.
Walmart stores provide money services from 8 am to 8 pm on the first six days of the week and from 10 am to 6 pm on Sundays. You can access these services on all the Walmart stores across the county at your convenience.
You could also use the Walmart money card to make purchases on Walmart stores and other stores that accept MasterCard and Visa.
This card will allow you to get cashback rewards for all purchases you make on Walmart, whether online or not.
With the Walmart app, you could pay for goods at Walmart stores with only your phone by scanning the QR code at the counter.
This will help reduce the need to carry your credit card. You can also use Walmart money orders to make easy payments or send money.