Black Friday is almost here, and with it comes one of the biggest shopping days of the year. It’s a day when retailers offer huge discounts on a variety of items, from clothing to electronics. But Black Friday isn’t just a day for spending money – it’s also an opportunity to make some cash. Whether you’re looking to earn extra income or simply want to take advantage of the deals, here are 12 tips for making money on Black Friday.
1. Shop online – Many retailers offer online-only deals on Black Friday, and shopping online means you can avoid the crowds and long lines at brick-and-mortar stores. Plus, many online retailers offer cash back or other rewards for purchases made through their websites.
2. Use cashback apps – Cashback apps like Ibotta and Rakuten offer cash back for purchases made at certain retailers. Check to see which retailers are offering cash back on Black Friday, and plan your shopping accordingly.
3. Plan ahead – Make a list of the items you want to buy and research the prices ahead of time. This will help you determine which retailers have the best deals and avoid overspending.
4. Set a budget – Before you start shopping, decide how much you’re willing to spend. Stick to your budget to avoid overspending and racking up credit card debt.
5. Use coupons – Many retailers offer coupons for additional discounts on Black Friday. Check online or in-store for coupons and promo codes.
6. Sell items online – If you have items you no longer need or want, consider selling them online. Sites like eBay and Craigslist can be great places to sell unwanted items and make extra cash.
7. Take advantage of price matching – Some retailers offer price matching on Black Friday, meaning they’ll match the price of a competitor’s deal. Keep an eye out for price matching policies and take advantage of them when possible.
8. Shop early – Many retailers offer “doorbuster” deals that are only available for a limited time. Get to the store early to take advantage of these deals before they sell out.
9. Consider reselling – If you’re a savvy shopper, you may be able to snag items at a discount and then resell them for a profit. Look for popular items that are likely to sell out quickly, and then resell them online for a higher price.
10. Shop at outlet stores – Outlet stores often offer discounts on already-discounted merchandise. Shop at outlet stores on Black Friday to save even more.
11. Use credit card rewards – Many credit cards offer rewards like cash back or points for purchases made with the card. Use your credit card to make Black Friday purchases and earn rewards at the same time.
12. Don’t buy just because it’s on sale – Finally, remember that just because something is on sale doesn’t mean you need to buy it. Only purchase items that you actually need or want, and avoid buying things just because they’re discounted.
In conclusion, Black Friday is a great opportunity to save money and make some extra cash. By following these 12 tips, you can make the most of this shopping holiday and come out ahead. Happy shopping!