Possible blog post:
5 Tips for Making Money in Pokémon Let’s Go
Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee are remakes of the classic Pokémon Yellow game, adapted to the Nintendo Switch platform with updated graphics, mechanics, and features. One of the most important aspects of the game is earning money, which you can use to buy items, equipment, and services that enhance your Pokémon training and battling experience. In this article, I will share five tips for making money in Pokémon Let’s Go, based on my own gameplay experience and research.
1. Catch Rare Pokémon
Catching Pokémon is not only a way to complete your Pokédex, but also a way to earn money. Each Pokémon you catch and bring to Oak’s lab can be traded for a reward, ranging from a few Poké Balls to valuable items like Nuggets or Stardust. However, not all Pokémon are equally valuable, so it pays off to focus on catching rare and hard-to-find Pokémon that offer higher rewards. Some examples of valuable Pokémon include:
– Chansey: This pink egg-shaped Pokémon has high HP and special defense, and can also hold a Lucky Egg that boosts experience gain. Trading a Chansey to the NPC inside the Celadon Mansion will give you a Big Pearl worth 4,000 Pokédollars.
– Dratini: This blue dragon-like Pokémon evolves into Dragonair and Dragonite, which are powerful and versatile. Trading a Dratini to the NPC on Route 15 near Fuchsia City will give you a Dragon Scale worth 5,000 Pokédollars.
– Lapras: This blue turtle-like Pokémon can learn many water-based moves and has high stats overall. Trading a Lapras to the NPC in Silph Co. on the 7th floor will give you a Bottle Cap worth 30,000 Pokédollars!
To increase your chances of finding rare Pokémon, you can use various methods such as chaining, luring, and shiny hunting. These techniques require some patience and skill, but can be very rewarding both in terms of money and satisfaction.
2. Battle Trainers
Battling other trainers is a classic way to gain experience and level up your Pokémon, but it also yields money rewards. Whenever you defeat a trainer, they will give you a certain amount of Pokédollars as well as sometimes items or TMs. The more trainers you defeat, the more money you can earn. Some notable trainers to battle for money are:
– Gym Leaders: These tough bosses will challenge you at the end of each gym and reward you with a badge, but also with a significant sum of Pokédollars. For example, defeating Lt. Surge in Vermilion City will give you 4,200 Pokédollars plus the Thunder Badge.
– Elite Four: These four powerful trainers await you at the end of the game, after you have collected all eight badges and passed through Victory Road. Each of them has a team of high-level Pokémon that can be challenging to defeat, but also rewarding in terms of money and experience. The champion, Blue, will give you 21,600 Pokédollars when you defeat him, plus the title of champion.
– Coach Trainers: These rare trainers are found in some areas of the game and offer you a special kind of battles, usually focused on a certain type of Pokémon or strategy. They also give you valuable items if you defeat them. For example, Coach Trainer Kiyo in Saffron City will give you a Fire Stone worth 5,000 Pokédollars if you beat his team of fire-type Pokémon.
To optimize your earnings from trainer battles, you can equip your Pokémon with items that boost their fighting abilities, such as Amulet Coin (doubles the money earned) or Lucky Incense (increases the money earned by 50%). You can also use the Vs. Seeker item to re-battle trainers that you have already faced, or challenge other players online or locally through the game’s multiplayer mode.
3. Sell Items and TMs
As you explore the vast world of Pokémon Let’s Go, you will accumulate many items and TMs that you may not need or want. Some of these items can be sold for money to various NPCs or shops throughout the game. Here are some examples of valuable items that can be sold:
– Nuggets: These shining rocks can be found in various places such as Mt. Moon, Seafoam Islands, and Victory Road. They can be sold for 5,000 Pokédollars each, making them one of the most profitable items to collect and sell.
– Stardust: This glittering powder can also be found in various places such as Mt. Moon, Diglett’s Cave, and Cerulean Cave. It can be sold for 1,500 Pokédollars each, which is a decent amount considering how common it is.
– TMs: Technical Machines are items that teach your Pokémon new moves or abilities. Some TMs are very useful and sought-after, especially those that are unique or exclusive. For example, TM29 (Psychic) can be bought for 10,000 Pokédollars in the Celadon Department Store and sold for the same amount to a man on Route 12 who collects them.
To make the most of your selling profits, you can use the Bargain option when talking to NPCs, which allows you to negotiate the price and sometimes get a better deal. You can also specialize in certain items or TMs that are more valuable and easier to find, such as Nuggets or Ice Beam (TM13), and focus on collecting and selling them in bulk.
4. Complete Quests and Achievements
In addition to the main storyline and gym battles, Pokémon Let’s Go offers various quests and achievements that can earn you rewards and money. Some of these quests are given by NPCs that you talk to, while others are triggered by your actions or exploration. Here are some examples of profitable quests and achievements:
– Catch Combo Challenge: This challenge is given by a man in the Game Freak building in Celadon City after you have caught a certain number of Pokémon in a row without fleeing or catching other species. If you complete the challenge by reaching a high enough combo, you will earn a shiny charm that increases your chances of finding shiny Pokémon, as well as 20 Ultra Balls and 30,000 Pokédollars.
– Master Trainers: These special trainers are scattered throughout the game and offer you a unique kind of battle, where you can only use one Pokémon of the same species as them. If you defeat all Master Trainers, you will earn the title of Master Trainer and a valuable reward, such as a golden bottle cap that can max out one of your Pokémon’s IVs.
– Pokémon League Minigames: On the second floor of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon Center, there are three minigames that you can play for a fee and earn money depending on your performance. The Catching Contest challenges you to catch as many Pokémon as possible within a time limit, the Battle Challenge pits you against various trainers with preset teams, and the Pika Cup lets you participate in a tournament with low-level Pokémon.
To maximize your quest and achievement earnings, you can plan ahead and prepare your team or items accordingly. For example, you can use a Poké Ball that has a higher catch rate like Ultra Ball or Timer Ball for the Catching Contest, or train specific Pokémon for each Master Trainer’s challenge based on their moveset and stats.
5. Invest in Real Estate
Finally, one of the most lucrative but also costly ways to make money in Pokémon Let’s Go is to invest in real estate by buying buildings and upgrading them. This feature is introduced in Celadon City, where you can purchase a house for 200,000 Pokédollars and start renovating it with various items such as plants, furniture, and electronics. Each item has a different effect on your happiness meter, which determines how much rent you can charge to your tenants. The higher your happiness, the more money you can earn each day from rent.
However, upgrading your house requires not only money, but also time and resources, as some items can only be obtained by completing certain quests or reaching certain milestones. You also need to maintain your happiness by interacting with your Pokémon and visitors, and avoid any negative events or disasters that may occur randomly. Therefore, investing in real estate is not a quick or easy way to make money, but rather a long-term strategy that requires patience and dedication.
In conclusion, making money in Pokémon Let’s Go requires a combination of skills, knowledge, and strategy. By catching rare Pokémon, battling trainers, selling items and TMs, completing quests and achievements, and investing in real estate, you can accumulate a considerable sum of Pokédollars that can help you achieve your goals and become the best Pokémon trainer in Kanto.