Follow these simple steps to make sure the rebate process is a smooth one.
- Get your rebate ready as soon as you’ve made the purchase. Waiting can mean forgetting.
- Write legibly on the rebate form and envelope.
- Make sure you have all the required items stapled together for mailing (i.e. receipt, UPC, rebate form).
- Make copies of all items or scan them into your computer.
- Keep copies of the items sent along with the company’s contact information together in a folder or on your computer.
- Make sure the envelope is postmarked by the correct date.
- Send large dollar rebates by certified mail.
- If you haven’t received your rebate within the time frame it should have been received in (usually 6 to 8 weeks) contact the company.
If you fill out a lot of rebates and could use help with organization, try Rebate Tracker.com. This is a free program that helps you organize your submissions, keep track of and report on the money owed to you and sends you reminders when your rebates are due back.